Monday, August 18, 2008

Many apologies for the non-updated Blog...Let me try to catch you up!

Hello everyone! I apologize for not updating this blog. It was so easy at the beginning, but as the summer progressed so many things have come up. I think I mentioned in one of my prior blogs that Derek and I are in the process of buying our first house. We close on August 29th...WOO HOO! We are so very excited!

As far as training goes, I fell of the bandwagon a little bit the past two weeks. I got back on this past week.
Wednesday August 13th - Met a few team members in Grafton for a short 6 mile run. This was a tough run for me as I fell of the bandwagon the prior week.
Come Saturday, I was ready to kick some major toosh!
Saturday, August 16th - Today was a long run, but no team run. Thanks to all the people that came out at 6 am to accommodate me due to having school this weekend. There were 6 of us that went out and ran 12.5 miles and let me tell you I felt freakin awesome. We ran the 12.5 miles in 2 hours. I set 2 goals...to end by 9:00 and to make it up North (which is around mile 10). Well I made both of my goals which I was very excited about. It was cool, when I got to the church parking lot the church bells rang for 9:00...it was an awesome feeling.

I am very excited that my mom is coming to watch me run in Maine! She is coming into town October 4th and get's to spend some time with me and Derek and watch me run.

As I mentioned in my last blog, I met my fundraising goal! That goal was my minimum amount needed for fundraising. I have increased my personal goal to $2500. If you haven't donated and would like to you still have plenty of time. Thanks to everyone!! :)

No comments: